TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town renew DJ Campbell loan bid and also shows interest in Nigel Reo-Coker
DJ Campbell is believed to be one of the loan players targeted by Paul Jewell ahead of the weekend clash with Cardiff.
The 30-year-old striker was left out of QPR’s 25-man Premier League squad and was said to be signing for former club Blackpool to get game-time.
But we understand Jewell, who initially looked set to concede defeat to Ian Holloway, has renewed his interest in Campbell who has made just 11 appearances for the London outfit, scoring once, since signing last year.
The Blues boss today admitted he was chasing two loan players – not believed to be Southend United’s midfielder Bilel Mohsni who earlier said he was set to complete a three-month deal at Portman Road.
We understand the two players Jewell was referring to are a striker and a midfielder, but the manager was giving very little away at today’s lunchtime press conference.
You may also want to watch:
A move for former West Ham and Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker, now a free agent, has also been considered by Jewell.
The 28-year-old, who left Bolton in the summer after activating a relegation-release clause, has struggled to find a club since the new season started.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
After being linked with a number of teams in the Championship and abroad, Reo-Coker recently insisted he was still targeting a move to a Premier League club.
But as time ticks on, he might be willing to drop down a level with the player keen on remaining close to the London area having recently got married.