TRANSFER LATEST: Ipswich Town renew DJ Campbell loan bid and also shows interest in Nigel Reo-Coker
DJ Campbell is believed to be one of the loan players targeted by Paul Jewell ahead of the weekend clash with Cardiff.
The 30-year-old striker was left out of QPR’s 25-man Premier League squad and was said to be signing for former club Blackpool to get game-time.
But we understand Jewell, who initially looked set to concede defeat to Ian Holloway, has renewed his interest in Campbell who has made just 11 appearances for the London outfit, scoring once, since signing last year.
The Blues boss today admitted he was chasing two loan players – not believed to be Southend United’s midfielder Bilel Mohsni who earlier said he was set to complete a three-month deal at Portman Road.
We understand the two players Jewell was referring to are a striker and a midfielder, but the manager was giving very little away at today’s lunchtime press conference.
A move for former West Ham and Aston Villa midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker, now a free agent, has also been considered by Jewell.
The 28-year-old, who left Bolton in the summer after activating a relegation-release clause, has struggled to find a club since the new season started.
- 1 Ex-Town loanee Bonne looks set to depart QPR
- 2 Town centre road closed after becoming flooded in torrential rain
- 3 'Nottingham Knockers' targeting homes in east Suffolk village
- 4 Fears over impact of cottage plans on landmark Suffolk windmill
- 5 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 6 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 7 Severe delays on A12 as carriageway floods during extreme rainfall
- 8 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 9 Lorry carrying mobile home stopped on A14 in Suffolk for being too wide
- 10 Stu says: Six observations following 1-0 win at Burton
After being linked with a number of teams in the Championship and abroad, Reo-Coker recently insisted he was still targeting a move to a Premier League club.
But as time ticks on, he might be willing to drop down a level with the player keen on remaining close to the London area having recently got married.