TRANSFER LATEST: Paul Taylor delighted after completing Ipswich Town move
PAUL Taylor has tonight signed a three-year deal with Ipswich Town.
The 24-year-old striker joined the Blues from divisional rivals Peterborough United and should go straight into Paul Jewell’s squad for Saturday’s home match against Huddersfield.
Speaking after putting pen to paper, Taylor said: “I feel ready for the challenge here and this is a great move for me.
“Looking around the facilities here, it’s a fantastic club, a massive club and I can’t wait to get going now.
“I spoke to the manager and he told me of the plans he had for Ipswich and I want to be part of it.
“The talks have been going on for a day or so, I just left that to my agent and I’m just pleased now that it’s all sorted out and I’m an Ipswich Town player.
“Peterborough were great for me. They helped me develop as a player and now I feel I can continue that development at Ipswich.”
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 5 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 6 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 9 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
As reported on this website earlier this evening, it seems unlikely that Taylor will be joined by his former Posh team mate Gorge Boyd who, like the striker, passed a medical at Ipswich on Wednesday.
Boyd’s wage demands appear to be a stumbling block but, on what should be a frantic final day of the summer transfer window, anything can happen before tomorrow night’s 11pm deadline.
* From 9am tomorrow morning, we will be running a live ITFC transfer deadline day blog on this website, including comments from Paul Jewell’s press conference at lunch-time.