TRANSFER LATEST: Paul Taylor set to sign for Ipswich Town – but George Boyd unlikely to follow
IPSWICH Town’s move for Peterborough United striker Paul Taylor is back on – but a joint bid for George Boyd now looks unlikely.
The agent of Taylor has tonight confirmed to this website that the 24-year-old is set to sign for Town having initially turned down a move after failing to agree personal terms last night.
Taylor, and Posh team mate Boyd, met with Jewell yesterday, passed a medical and was impressed during a tour of the ground.
Now it seems that the one stumbling block, Taylor’s personal terms, have been overcome during fresh talks today.
We can confirm that the size of the fee has not changed from what was agreed by the two clubs earlier this week – despite rumours surfacing tonight that Town had been forced to offer more money.
You may also want to watch:
While the club is keeping tight-lipped, we understand the vast majority of the �1.75 million fee is for Taylor, who could not make his debut for Ipswich against Huddersfield tomorrow.
But the planned double raid on the London Road club – exclusively revealed by this website on Tuesday afternoon – is in doubt with Boyd believed to be Peterborough’s highest earner.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 5 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 6 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
We understand that has proved to be a big stumbling block for Ipswich and the midfielder is unlikely to join Taylor in moving to Portman Road.
* For more on this breaking story, keep checking this website and see tomorrow’s EADT/Star