TRANSFER LATEST: Paul Taylor set to sign for Ipswich Town – but George Boyd unlikely to follow
IPSWICH Town’s move for Peterborough United striker Paul Taylor is back on – but a joint bid for George Boyd now looks unlikely.
The agent of Taylor has tonight confirmed to this website that the 24-year-old is set to sign for Town having initially turned down a move after failing to agree personal terms last night.
Taylor, and Posh team mate Boyd, met with Jewell yesterday, passed a medical and was impressed during a tour of the ground.
Now it seems that the one stumbling block, Taylor’s personal terms, have been overcome during fresh talks today.
We can confirm that the size of the fee has not changed from what was agreed by the two clubs earlier this week – despite rumours surfacing tonight that Town had been forced to offer more money.
While the club is keeping tight-lipped, we understand the vast majority of the �1.75 million fee is for Taylor, who could not make his debut for Ipswich against Huddersfield tomorrow.
But the planned double raid on the London Road club – exclusively revealed by this website on Tuesday afternoon – is in doubt with Boyd believed to be Peterborough’s highest earner.
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 6 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 9 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 10 Flood alert issued for coastal towns
We understand that has proved to be a big stumbling block for Ipswich and the midfielder is unlikely to join Taylor in moving to Portman Road.
* For more on this breaking story, keep checking this website and see tomorrow’s EADT/Star