TRANSFER NEWS: Ipswich Town sign David McGoldrick on loan with view to a permanent move
IPSWICH Town have signed Nottingham Forest striker David McGoldrick on loan until the end of the season with view to a permanent move.
The 25-year-old – who joined Forest in a �1m move from Southampton in 2009 – has scored 16 goals in 22 league appearances on loan at League One side Coventry City this season.
He has been handed the No.16 shirt, with Town now facing a wait to see if the paperwork had been completed by today’s 12pm deadline to enable him to play at Aston Villa in the FA Cup third round tomorrow.
The above also applies to fellow new striker recruit Aaron McLean, the 29-year-old also having joined on loan until the end-of-the-season – though there is no mention of a future permanent move in his case.
The double signing calls into question whether DJ Campbell – who recently scored 10 goals in 17 appearances during a loan spell – will be back at Portman Road following his return to struggling Premier League parent club QPR.
You may also want to watch:
– More to follow.
- 1 Six senior players - including Downes - will start pre-season with Under-23s
- 2 League One side showing strong interest in Ipswich youngster Lankester
- 3 Head chef frustrated after 13 'no shows'
- 4 Town show Jacobs interest but injury holds up potential deal
- 5 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 6 Woman who pocketed cash for memorial bench avoids prison
- 7 Man in 50s dies following crash on Suffolk border
- 8 When Eagles Dare documentary reveals how close Ian Holloway came to being named Ipswich Town manager
- 9 Rubbish dumped on A14 approach road
- 10 Mike Bacon: We needed an enormous brush.... And it looks like we are getting one!