Travel advice given for Boxing Day match at Charlton Athletic
IPSWICH Town’s lunchtime Boxing Day match at Charlton Athletic will go ahead, despite likely major disruptions to train and tube travel.
Arsenal yesterday announced that their Boxing Day match against fellow Londoners West Ham had been postponed due to the fact there is a planned tube strike.
There is no Southeastern train service stopping at Charlton station on December 26, however, the Addicks have decided to go ahead with the match against their Suffolk visitors – instead offering advice for those going by car for the 1pm kick-off.
A statement issued on the south London club’s website read: “The club is expecting a larger number of fans to drive to the match, so has issued some parking advice.
“Supporters who park within the controlled parking zone, who would normally need a permit, will not require one for Boxing Day.
You may also want to watch:
“As regards parking on bays with meters, fans will need to read the bank holiday notices on the machines to see if there is a charge. Supporters thinking of parking on single yellow lines should also carefully read the parking signs in that area.
“Fans should note the earlier 1pm kick-off time.”
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 3 QPR trigger buy-out clause to sign Dozzell for £1m
- 4 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
- 5 'I'll always have love for Ipswich, but it was time to move on' - Dozzell signs for QPR
- 6 Mum of 'beautiful' Lily calls for young people to have their hearts tested
- 7 Body of man, 22, found in River Orwell
- 8 Teenage county lines drug dealer handed suspended prison sentence
- 9 Forward Sears completes Colchester return
- 10 A12 reopened after three-car crash