Try our Festive Ipswich Town quiz
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Try these 25 Christmas crackers! The answers are at the bottom of the page.
1) Ipswich Town scored 70 league goals when they won the Division Two title in 1991-92, but how many did they concede?
2) The Blues were relegated from the top flight in 1964, just two years after winning the title, but who scored an impressive 21 goals in 27 appearances that term?
A. Gerry Baker
- 1 'I thought he was going to Ipswich' - rival boss reveals Blues interest in right-back
- 2 25-year-old left eating disorder clinic prior to death on A14
- 3 Will Suffolk have a white Christmas this year?
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 5 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 6 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 7 The Ipswich Town players who could force their way into Cook's thinking during cup break
- 8 Norwood on target as Town Under 23's sting Hornets
- 10 Essex Sainsbury's car park cordoned off after police incident
B. Doug Moran
C. Ted Phillips
3) How many players did Town use in the league during their play-off winning campaign of 1999-2000?
4) The Blues finished fifth in their first season back in the Premiership, in 2000-01, but which club finished bottom of the table, 16 points adrift of safety?
A. Manchester City
B. Bradford City
C. Coventry City
5) Young striker Monty Patterson joined Braintree Town on-loan from the Blues earlier this season, but what country is he from?
A. South Africa
B. New Zealand
6) Ipswich took which current AFC Bournemouth midfielder on trial in January 2009?
A. Jack Wilshere
B. Marc Pugh
C. Harry Arter
7) Mick Mills made his Ipswich Town debut against which club in 1966?
B. West Brom
C. West Ham
8) Who was Shefki Kuqi’s last English club as a player?
A. Swansea City
B. Carlisle United
C. Oldham Athletic
9) Mick McCarthy’s first game in charge of Town was away at which club?
A. Cardiff City
B. Birmingham City
C. Derby County
10) Piotr Malarczyk formed a central defensive partnership with which youngster during the 2015-16 League Cup defeat at Manchester United?
A. Matt Clarke
B. Omar Sowumni
C. Josh Yorwerth
11) Paul Mariner started his professional career with which Football League side?
A. Plymouth Argyle
B. Peterborough United
C. Port Vale
12) Kevin Beattie made his Ipswich Town debut as an 18-year-old at which ground?
A. Goodison Park
B. Old Trafford
13) Goalkeeper Matteo Sereni was loaned to which Italian club after being relegated with the Blues in 2002?
14) Since the start of the 2002-03 season, which referee have Town had in charge of their games more than anyone else? (Source: Pride of Anglia)
A. Keith Stroud
B. Andy D’Urso
C. Trevor Kettle
15) Who scored Town’s final league goal of their 1985-86 Division One relegation season?
A. Ian Atkins
B. Trevor Putney
C. Kevin Wilson
16) How many current Town players featured in Paul Jewell’s last-ever Blues matchday squad?
17) Former Ipswich striker Daryl Murphy was born where in the Republic of Ireland?
18) Leon Best played for how many other clubs before joining Ipswich?
19) Who made his Ipswich Town debut as a 15-year-old, away to Doncaster, in 2012?
A. Jack Ainsley
B. Joe Whight
C. Byron Lawrence
20) Who did Georges Santos represent in the international arena?
A. St. Kitts and Nevis
B. Cape Verde
21) Which ex-Town goakeeper played for Manchester City in the game that Sir Alex Ferguson described as his lowest point in football?
A. Paul Cooper
B. Laurie Sivell
C. Craig Forrest
22) Which former Ipswich Town player is the current first-team coach at Leiston?
A. Tony Kinsella
B. Fabian Wilnis
C. Titus Bramble
23) Which company sponsored Ipswich Town in the 2006-07 season?
B. TXU Energy
24) Alun Armstrong manages which non-league side?
A. Newcastle Town
B. Blyth Spartans
25) Former Blues defender Jamie Clapham is the current first-team coach at which Championship side?
C. Sheffield Wednesday
1. C; 2. A; 3. B; 4. B; 5. B; 6. C; 7. A; 8. C; 9. B; 10. C; 11. A; 12. B; 13. C; 14. A; 15. C; 16. C; 17. B; 18. A; 19. C; 20. B; 21. A; 22. A; 23. C; 24. B; 25. A