Two points dropped rather than one gained according to Andy Drury
ANDY Drury has blamed a spell where Town simply “fell apart” on their failure to keep a two-goal lead against Blackpool this afternoon.
Ipswich conceded twice in the final 25 minutes – including an 80th minute equaliser from Town nemesis Kevin Phillips – to gain just a point at Portman Road.
But in a match where Blackpool had great chances to win it and Lee Martin missed a glorious injury time chance, Town fans won’t really know until the end of the season whether it was one point gained or two dropped.
Drury admitted that the players were gutted in the dressing room with Town four points clear of the relegation places.
The midfielder said: “It was two points dropped. We are a bit gutted after playing so well to get a point out of that game.
You may also want to watch:
“It was very disappointing. I thought on the balance of the 90 minutes we deserved the three points but we had about a ten-minute spell where we just fell apart.
“They just kept getting in – I don’t really know what was going on. It was a little bit open. We should have done better and closed the game up.”
- 1 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 2 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 3 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 4 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 5 Woman who was found with maggots living in hand evicted from care home
- 6 Seven observations following Ipswich Town's 2-1 loss to West Ham U21s
- 7 'We're a soft touch' - Cook on defeat to West Ham U21s
- 8 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 9 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 10 'Fly high gorgeous girl' - Alliyah, 17, dies after collision