Tyrone Mings misses Ipswich game at Birmingham as Cresswell looks set to stay
- Credit: Archant
Mick McCarthy confirmed Tyrone Mings will miss Ipswich Town’s trip to Birmingham on Saturday, after revealing it would take silly money to lure left-back Aaron Cresswell away from Portman Road before the transfer window closes.
Mings misses out with a medial ligament injury sustained in the opening day defeat at Reading, a game in which he replaced Cresswell who sat out the encounter with an injury picked up in pre-season.
Aside from Mings, McCarthy has a full squad to chooose from and has hinted at changes in personel, if not formation, for the Championship clash at St Andrew’s, but will be giving little away.
“We are not at that stage where we are playing lousy 4-4-2, we are playing well 4-4-2,” said McCarthy, who did confirm that Luke Hyam would be in his starting XI,” said McCarthy.
“Everybody is fit, aside from Tyrone Mings, and everybody has trained well this week.
You may also want to watch:
“If I decide to make changes, why would I give everybody the heads up at Birmingham so they could prepare for it?
As for Cresswell, he is expected to carry on at left-back, despite speculation linking him with several Premier League clubs.
- 1 First look at £10m Sudbury garden centre revamp
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Portsmouth 'fend off' Blues to agree Stockley deal
- 3 Ipswich Town face fight to keep young midfielder Gibbs with rivals Norwich among interested clubs
- 4 Gill has 'no regrets' over Norwich to Ipswich switch
- 5 If your surname is on this list you could be sitting on a fortune
- 6 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 7 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 8 Truck's four-figure repair fee at Colchester garage left unpaid
- 9 'Spooky' bushes full of caterpillars spotted near Suffolk roads
- 10 'I can't carry it' - Shock as plant starts growing eight inches a day
“Cressy is not going anywhere and anyone would be bonkers to come in for him at this stage,” added McCarthy.