UPDATED: Posh pair George Boyd and Paul Taylor complete medicals ahead of Ipswich Town move
IPSWICH Town are closing in on Peterborough duo George Boyd and Paul Taylor after the pair completed their medicals at Portman Road this afternoon.
Paul Jewell met with the pair today and we understand the joint bid, which is now thought to be closer to �1.75 million, is progressing well.
If personal terms can be agreed, and we understand they have been positive, then Boyd and Taylor could both be unveiled by the club tomorrow.
The pair played for Peterborough last night in their Capital One Cup defeat at Reading but quickly came to Suffolk to hold talks with Jewell.
And they could be joined by Daryl Murphy who is understood to be returning for talks over a third loan deal tomorrow - despite expecting to be named on the bench for Celtic in their Champions League play-off match against Helsingborgs tonight.
You may also want to watch:
In what should be a busy last 48 hours of the summer transfer window, we can confirm Ryan Stevenson is in talks with Motherwell over a move back to Scotland.
But hopes that a fourth new signing, in the shape of a central defender, could materialise before Friday’s 11pm deadline is less likely, despite manager Paul Jewell not giving up on Murphy’s Celtic team-mate Kelvin Wilson.
- 1 Matchday Live: Four goals in a busy first half
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 9 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's
- 10 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
The trio of new signings – and the fourth new-boy Guirane N’Daw – could all be in line to make the 18-man squad for Saturday’s match against Huddersfield with Carlos Edwards, Luke Hyam and Josh Carson all struggling with injury.