Updated Video and gallery: Ipswich Town team in high spirits on Dublin pre-season tour
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy said spirits are high in the Blues’ camp ahead of today’s first pre-season friendly, against Shelbourne, in Dublin.
Town have been in Ireland since the start of the week, staying at Carton House, and finish off their tour with a game against Kevin Doherthy’s team, at Tolka Park, today (3pm).
“It’s been a great week, the lads have come back and really been right at in the sessions we’ve put on,” said McCarthy.
“They’ve impressed us all in how fit they’ve come back and you can see from the tempo of training that they are doing well.
“The facilities out here are second to none and that really helps. We’ve got the best pitches available to us, the gymnasium is superb and the staff here really look after us.
You may also want to watch:
“The lads are really putting the work in as we build up to the season and they will be able to get out onto the grass tomorrow against Shelbourne.
“As well as working hard, they also need their downtime and to bond as a group.
- 1 Tributes to 'loyal, caring' man, 28, who died after A14 crash
- 2 Former Town star Clapham gets head coaching role
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Body found in the River Orwell
- 5 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 6 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 9 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 10 Person taken to hospital after two-car crash
“We gave them Wednesday off and a few of them had a round of golf here at Carton House, some of the lads went to the cinema. It’s all part of it and spirits are high.”
Report from Saturday’s game can be found in Monday’s Archant publications.