Upson nets twice as Gorleston hit for 8
ED Upson netted a couple as a young Ipswich side hit eight at Gorleston.David Cawley put Town ahead before Shane O'Connor slotted home Upson's pass.
FOOTBALL: Ed Upson netted a couple as a young Ipswich side hit eight at Gorleston.
David Cawley put Town ahead before Shane O'Connor slotted home Upson's pass. Ronan Murray made it three after 21 minutes, before Upson got his first, getting on the end of a Jack Ainsley cross.
Trialist O'Connor got his second as Town hit six by the interval.
Eleven minutes into the second half Upson's free-kick made it seven, before an own-goal completed the scoring.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Town's Jaime Peters won his 18th cap for Canada at the weekend as they went through to the next stage of the Gold Cup in the US.
The Town winger lined-up against Costa Rica in a match that finished 2-2. It was enough to progress them into the knock-out stage of the competition.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners