VIDEO: Ipswich striker Freddie Sears takes on the ‘Tall Tee Challenge’ at Hintlesham Golf Club
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Town striker Freddie Sears enjoyed yesterday’s club Golf Day.
Current and former players - alongside Blues boss Mick McCarthy and his backroom staff - took part in the annual occasion at Hintlesham Golf Club.
“I was in the Golf Day yesterday, and it was really good,” said Sears.
“A few of the boys played, as well as the staff, and a few of the old players.
“It was also good to play against and meet some of the fans, raising money for the club’s Academy.”
You may also want to watch:
And Sears, a keen golfer, fared pretty well in the Suffolk sun.
“I’ve won it (the whole competition) before, and I won ‘nearest to the pin’ yesterday so that was a good win,” continued Sears.
- 1 Ipswich Town owner Johnson close to adding another club to his portfolio
- 2 Suffolk police teams to star in new documentary series on Dave
- 3 Names of couple found dead in Woodbridge confirmed
- 4 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 7 Mark Ashton: The 'divisive' figure with a track record for promotion and profits
- 8 Peter Andre visits Ipswich for post-lockdown haircut
- 9 Goalkeeping coach Walker leaves Town as Cook bids to 'freshen things up'
- 10 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
“I’m not the top golfer at the club, but I’m not too bad and I do enjoy golf to be honest.
“It’s nice to have something else other than football to tune into, and it’s a great sport to watch and play, it helps you relax and forget about everything else.”
Sears didn’t cover himself in too much glory in Kevin Carpenter’s ‘Tall Tee Challenge’ as you can see from the attached video, with the striker admitting there is a younger generation Sears who often outperforms him.
“I like to play golf quite a bit when I can,” said the striker.
“I often take my little boy with me too, and I’m trying to teach him the ways, although he’s probably got a better swing than me, and he’s only two!”