Video: Over 14,000 tickets sold so far for Ipswich Town v Southampton in FA Cup
- Credit: Lucy taylor
More than 8,000 tickets today and over 14,000 in total have been sold for Ipswich Town’s FA Cup third round replay clash with Southampton, at Portman Road next Wednesday.
A queue snaked from the ticket office and around the North Stand (Sir Bobby Robson Stand) this morning as Blues season ticket holders got their first chance to purchase their own seat, plus four additional ones for the game.
Such was the demand, the club stopped fans from queuing for tickets at 4pm this afternoon and ordered them to return to Planet Blue in the morning at 9am if they wished to buy a ticket in person.
Tickets first went on sale yesterday to Platinum members and Gold members, who could buy their own plus four additional seats for the game.
Silver members were able to buy a maximum of two tickets from unreserved seating today, while Friday (9am) represents the first day of tickets going on general sale.
You may also want to watch:
Adult tickets are £10, concessions are £5 and Under-16s are priced at £3.
Season Ticket holders have been granted an extra 24 hours to reserve their usual seat and now have until 9am on Saturday. General sale tickets will still be sold from Friday at 9am.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 6 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 7 Motorcyclist suffers serious injuries in A14 crash
- 8 Winners and Losers: The boss, two commendations, absent friends and remaining winless wonders
- 9 5 roadworks to be aware of in Suffolk this week
- 10 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
The club is advising supporters wishing to purchase a ticket for the clash to do so online, via www.itfcdirect.com, where there is no queuing time.