VIDEO/POLL: Ipswich Town striker Jack Marriott moves to Gillingham on loan
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town striker Jack Marriott has moved on loan to League One outfit Gillingham.
The 19-year-old academy product scored nine goals in nine games for Skrill Premier side Woking, before his loan spell came to an end earlier this week, and has now joined Peter Taylor’s strugglers until the end of the season.
Marriott penned a new 18-month deal at Portman Road last month, having signed his first professional contract last February.
He has yet to make his full senior debut for the Blues but has made one substitute appearance, away at Burnley during the final game of last season.
Marriott joins fellow Town youngster Elliott Hewitt in Kent, and could make his debut at home to Wolves tonight, provided the deal goes through three hours before the 7.45pm kick-off.
Both deals have 24-hour recall clauses.
Speaking about Marriott earlier this week, Blues boss Mick McCarthy said: “Jack won’t be coming back.
- 1 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 2 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 3 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 4 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 5 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 NHS 'wargames' collapse of West Suffolk Hospital building
- 8 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 9 Huge country home with no near neighbours up for sale for £1.45m
- 10 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
“I’ll be honest, he’s fairly ripped it up (in the Skrill Premier) and now I’d like him to get a (Football) League club.
“If that’s not the case then I’ll be on to Woking and he can stay there.”
WATCH Jack Marriott (number 25) score two goals for Woking, against Hyde, in the video above