VIDEO: Trialist keeper joins up for Town pre-season training
ELDIN Jakupovi? was the surprise face at Town’s start of pre-season training today after landing a trial with the Blues.
The 27-year-old joined up with current number one Arran Lee-Barrett on the first day as Paul Jewell’s hunt for a new stopper intensifies.
Born in Bosnia, free agent Jakupovic moved to Switzerland due to the war in his home country and was capped by both countries at Under-21 level.
He was then selected for Switzerland’s Euro 2008 squad and made one appearance after the tournament before renouncing his desire to play for the country.
Domestically, the 6ft 4in tall keeper, who has left Greek side Aris, had an unsuccessful trial with Tottenham in 2009 before spending time at Hull City last season with former boss Nick Barmby apparently keen to sign him before losing his job at the KC Stadium.
Speaking in March, Barmby said: “We like what we see so hopefully we can take if further. He’s done really well in training.
“Until we make a decision and he makes a decision, there’s not too much more to say, but we’re very impressed by him.”
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Crews battle huge 15-acre fire in mid Suffolk village
- 3 Woman in her 80s dies after being pulled from the sea
- 4 10-acre field fire breaks out in south Suffolk village
- 5 Residents help firefighters tackle huge blaze near homes
- 6 Tributes paid to 'very nice couple' found dead at home
- 7 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
- 8 'Appalling thugs' - U's owner apologises after crowd trouble at Portman Road
- 9 Ex-Town striker joins League One rival
- 10 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
We understand the player has just been invited for a trial at Town with no formal talks over a deal started.