VIDEO: Trialist keeper joins up for Town pre-season training
ELDIN Jakupovi? was the surprise face at Town’s start of pre-season training today after landing a trial with the Blues.
The 27-year-old joined up with current number one Arran Lee-Barrett on the first day as Paul Jewell’s hunt for a new stopper intensifies.
Born in Bosnia, free agent Jakupovic moved to Switzerland due to the war in his home country and was capped by both countries at Under-21 level.
He was then selected for Switzerland’s Euro 2008 squad and made one appearance after the tournament before renouncing his desire to play for the country.
Domestically, the 6ft 4in tall keeper, who has left Greek side Aris, had an unsuccessful trial with Tottenham in 2009 before spending time at Hull City last season with former boss Nick Barmby apparently keen to sign him before losing his job at the KC Stadium.
You may also want to watch:
Speaking in March, Barmby said: “We like what we see so hopefully we can take if further. He’s done really well in training.
“Until we make a decision and he makes a decision, there’s not too much more to say, but we’re very impressed by him.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 9 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
We understand the player has just been invited for a trial at Town with no formal talks over a deal started.