VIDEO: Watch new Ipswich Town signing Alex Henshall in action for former club Manchester City
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town manager Mick McCarthy has made his first signing of the summer, landing former Manchester City winger Alex Henshall on a two-year deal.
The 20-year-old Swindon-born youngster joined up for pre-season training at Playford Road today, and returns to the club he spent time on-loan at last season.
Then, he failed to make an apprearance for the Blues but did enough to convince McCarthy of his talent.
Henshall has made nine appearances in the Football League, for Bristol Rovers and Chesterfield, but has been capped on numerous occasions for England’s under-16 and 17 teams.
Town are also thought to be close to signing former Wolves and Reading wide man Stephen Hunt on a one-year deal. The 32-year-old left the club at the end of the season after his short term deal expired.
You may also want to watch:
Watch Henshall in action at his former club, Manchester City here, including a stunning effort against Liverpool.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 5 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said