Walters a doubt
JON Walters has emerged as doubt for Ipswich Town when they face Southampton tomorrow.The Blues wide man has a sore groin after Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City and will be further assessed today.
By Derek Davis
JON Walters has emerged as doubt for Ipswich Town when they face Southampton tomorrow.
The Blues wide man has a sore groin after Saturday's 1-0 defeat at Cardiff City and will be further assessed today.
Blues boss Jim Magilton is not looking to make too many changes from the side that lost and is considering resting Gavin Williams who made his come back from injury at Ninian Park.
You may also want to watch:
Magilton said: “Gavin has a few aches and pain but I'm sure he will be raring to go but we have to be careful with him.
“Jon Walters has picked up a slight groin strain and we will see how he is.
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 3 Matchday Live: Updates as Town travel to The Valley to face Charlton
- 4 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 5 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 7 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 Suffolk-born Royal Ballet choreographer Liam Scarlett dies
- 10 Why are 3,500 homes stood empty in Suffolk?
“We are mindful that we also have a game on Saturday.”
Town are going in search of their 12th consecutive home win against the Saints tomorrow and entertain Barnsley on Saturday.