Watch us train: Keane’s invitation to fans
ROLL up, roll up. Roy Keane has delivered an open invitation for anybody and everybody to come along and watch his players train.
ROLL up, roll up.
Roy Keane has delivered an open invitation for anybody and everybody to come along and watch his players train.
The training ground doors are wide open for Ipswich Town supporters to cast their eyes over the players in action on the training pitch, so that they can judge for themselves who is putting in the hard work to earn a place in the Irishman’s squad.
Keane was intimating that Pablo Counago, who has been involved in an alleged dressing room bust-up with the Town boss, was one of those failing to pull his weight in training.
Counago was left out of the squad for the opening day victory at Middlesbrough, and despite missing a total of 11 senior players for tonight’s Carling Cup tie at Exeter City, there is no place in Keane’s squad for the Spanish striker.
“Pablo won’t be involved,” insisted Keane.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 7 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 8 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 9 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
“Some of the young boys are ahead of him on merit. I judge all my players on what I see. And Pablo, from what I see, is behind these players.
“Our training ground is open to anybody. Anybody can come in and watch us train.
“I’ve been here for the last 14 months, and I’d say I’ve seen 50 or 60 people coming in.
“People can come and watch themselves, and they can judge. The door’s open to anybody,” added Keane.