We are lucky to have Scott Loach says fellow new-boy Luke Chambers
Ipswich v Huddersfield: Stand-in skipper Luke Chambers has hailed Scott Loach for the save that returned some smiles to the faces of the Super Blues.
A fantastic late penalty block from Town’s number one rescued a point for Ipswich against Huddersfield in Saturday’s breathless 2-2 draw.
And while Ipswich have endured a winless week and a summer transfer window that slammed shut without a new defender in sight, manager Paul Jewell looks to have solved one top priority.
That’s certainly the view of Chambers, captain in the absence of injured Carlos Edwards.
The centre-back, who equalised Adam Clayton’s opener before Michael Chopra and James Vaughan exchanged goals in the final 20 minutes, said: “Loachy has made an absolutely fantastic save from the penalty and other saves as well.
You may also want to watch:
“It was unbelievable. I was right behind him and I froze – even for the rebound. I just thought how on earth did that not go in?
“It hit the bar, post, and then back round the post. But hats off to Loachy, he has been tremendous since he came in.”
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Jewell echoed his captain’s comments, adding: “They get a penalty, we’re staring down the barrel and he’s made a fantastic save to get us a point.”
Despite the stunning nature of the save, Chambers was not surprised by his fellow new-boy.
He said: “He was fantastic against Huddersfield and he has been brilliant since he came to the club. That should give him no end of confidence.
“He is a hell of a player and we are very lucky to have him.”