‘We have to look at ourselves as individuals’ – Richard Wright
RICHARD Wright’s homecoming to Portman Road was spoilt after Reading scored twice in injury time to condemn Ipswich Town to their fifth straight defeat.
The 34-year-old was a surprise inclusion in Paul Jewell’s side today, getting the nod over Arran Lee-Barrett with David Stockdale out with a shoulder injury.
But despite the delight of being back at his home town club, Wright’s third Ipswich debut ended in huge disappointment for all.
Wright said: “As much as we didn’t play that well today, we were grinding out a result and we needed to hold on – but unfortunately we didn’t again. There is great disappointment in the dressing room.
“We have to look at ourselves as individuals and make sure we don’t make any errors and see games out. 2-2 wouldn’t have been a bad result but it didn’t happen – the good thing is that we have a game on Tuesday.”
You may also want to watch:
Town next face Burnley with Stockdale touch and go for the visit to Turf Moor.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 4 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 5 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 6 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 7 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 8 Ndaba on Salford, Neville's advice, his brush with Ronaldo-mania and his goal of reaching the Ipswich Town first-team
- 9 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 10 Five fire engines called to red deer trapped in tree