We need a killer instinct - Keane
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane admits that his team lack that “killer touch” in front of goal.Town were held to a 0-0 home draw by Sheffield Wednesday in an uninspiring game.
IPSWICH Town boss Roy Keane admits that his team lack that “killer touch” in front of goal.
Town were held to a 0-0 home draw by Sheffield Wednesday in an uninspiring game. The hosts had the better of the chances, but the visitors deserved their draw.
“It was not a great game, and we are just not scoring enough,” confessed Keane.
You may also want to watch:
“Their keeper (Lee Grant) made a couple of good saves, and we had one or two other opportunities as well, with the ball on the goal-line and a few players going for it.
“But we need someone with a killer instinct to put the ball in the back of the net.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
“That's why strikers earn such good money, more even than midfielders, which always annoyed me!
“I might try and bring someone in before the transfer deadline (next Thursday),” added Keane.