We never saw that coming – Stockdale
DAVID Stockdale has admitted the Ipswich players were left “gutted” by yesterday’s 4-1 defeat by Millwall.
Two goals in the first 10 minutes and then another two quick-fire strikes in the second half condemned the Blues to their second successive defeat, a moment of individual magic by Jimmy Bullard in between making little difference.
Stockdale said: “I never saw 2-0 in 10 minutes coming. We are all gutted and we will look at how we can defend better as a team.
“I thought at 2-1, there was a chance we could get back on top. We were really trying to go for it and get some goals back. But we looked fragile when we were defending. Maybe it is a concentration thing but we will look at that over the coming week.”
And Stockdale who made some great saves before both of Millwall’s opening two goals admitted: “I will look at a couple of goals and see what I can do better. You have to be hard on yourself.
You may also want to watch:
“And you make good saves but they are all for nothing if the goal goes in.”
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 3 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 4 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 5 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 8 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 9 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces three Wembley dates as part of = world tour