Wickham latest: Bruce delighted with purchase
SUNDERLAND boss Steve Bruce has said he is “absolutely delighted” to have landed Connor Wickham.
The 18-year-old has this afternoon completed his move away from Portman Road and can now look forward to Premier League football next season.
And Bruce hinted he will go straight into first team contention following the �8.1 million move, rising to �12 million with add-ons.
The Sunderland manager said: “A number of top sides have been chasing Connor for some time now so naturally we are absolutely delighted he has chosen to come to Sunderland.
“He’s still very young but at 6ft 3in he’s a physical presence. With his height and style of play he’ll offer us a threat in front of goal and complement our existing strikers.
You may also want to watch:
“We have been watching him for a while now and he is improving and developing all the time. He’s a great prospect and I’m sure our supporters will love watching him play.”
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 6 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 7 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 8 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 9 Suffolk coast named one of top UK destinations for autumn
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre