Wickham wants to reach his season goal target against Canaries
CONNOR Wickham today revealed that he has set himself a target of 10 goals this season - and he’d love to reach this figure against Norwich City at Portman Road on Thursday.
The 18-year-old hot shot has eight goals to his credit so far - all scored since Paul Jewell arrived as manager in January.
It will be Wickham’s first experience of an East Anglian derby and he is expected to continue playing up front on his own with Andy Drury or Colin Healy coming into midfield to replace the suspended Lee Martin.
“I netted six times last season and I’ve told the coaches all along that I want to reach double figures this time around,” said Wickham.
“The sooner I can get there the better.
You may also want to watch:
“We know Norwich will be tough opponents, but we are a confident group with plenty of banter and a bond that has built up around the squad.
“Our confidence is high, and we know when to get serious.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 2 Covid vaccine boosters now available at walk in sessions
- 3 MoD warns about late-night Apache training
- 4 Couple to bring 'family feel' to Sudbury pub
- 5 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 6 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 7 Have you had the 'worst cold ever' that is going round Suffolk?
- 8 'Anywhere I can help I will' - Peter Reid joins Town in consultancy role
- 9 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 10 Suffolk man admits owning more than 25,000 indecent images of children
“I was injured when Ipswich lost 4-1 at Carrow Road, but after a long run in the team I feel fit and can’t wait for the game to start.”