Witham Town winger to go on trial at Ipswich Town
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town have handed a trial to Witham Town winger Tom Wraight.
Wraight has scored seven goals this season and has been the subject of attention from clubs in the Football League, and has also had a trial with Conference side Barnet.
“We won’t hold any youngsters back and he deserves it because he’s one of the best talents I’ve worked with,” said Witham assistant manager Brad King.
“I first saw Tom when he was 16 or 17 playing for Tilbury with my brother and when I went to Witham he was one of the first signings I wanted to make.
“I wanted him because I thought he was just exceptional and he’s just grown into a mature player.
“I think he should be playing in the Football League and there are three or four clubs watching him and enquiring about him so it’s great for him.
“We’ll wish him all the best and hopefully he is successful in his trial because he deserves it.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival
“He’s been loyal to us and he’s a credit to himself.”