Wonder Wal is England hero
England hat-trick hero Theo Walcott emerged from Maksimir Stadium clutching the match ball after making history against Croatia.The 19-year-old's hat-trick raised England's hopes of reaching the 2010 World Cup.
England hat-trick hero Theo Walcott emerged from Maksimir Stadium clutching the match ball after making history against Croatia.
The 19-year-old's hat-trick raised England's hopes of reaching the 2010 World Cup.
Walcott, who is being hailed as a hero today, said: "I'm not going to get ahead of myself. I know what people will be saying, but I will just ignore it all.''
Wayne Rooney, who scored the other goal in the 4-1 win in Zagreb, led the tributes to Walcott, who was famously taken to the World Cup in 2006 but not used.
You may also want to watch:
"He offers something a bit different. He is probably the quickest player I have seen,'' Rooney said.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 2 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 4 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 5 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
- 6 Snape Maltings launches two new restaurants with far-reaching river views
- 7 'There won't be a better group of strikers in the league' - Jeffers on Town's firepower
- 8 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 9 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 10 Historic East Anglian sailing barge to become floating bakery