Would you have awarded Leeds a penalty last night?
Ipswich Town won 1-0 at Leeds last night, but much of the focus was on referee James Adcock’s late decision not to award the hosts a penalty.
Sam Byram went down after charging into the box with five minutes to go, under pressure from Jonas Knudsen, but instead of pointing to the spot, referee Adcock booked the Leeds man for diving.
The decision split the two managers at the end of the game, with Town boss Mick McCarthy praising the referee’s bravery in making the call.
He said: “He got it spot on and I admire his courage. It’s Tuesday night, under lights, a crowd of 22 thousand are baying for blood and it would have been the easiest one in the world to give. Fair play to him.”
Uwe Rosler, on the other hand, believes his side were hard done by: “A few decisions went against us, some crucial decisions,” he said. “I’m not blaming the referee but it’s just a fact we had an appeal in the first half for a clear handball, the referee maybe can’t see but the linesman has a clear view of it,” he said.
“Obviously then there’s the Sam Byram situation. “We felt we had a very strong case for a penalty.”
But what do you think? Should Leeds have had a penalty? Let us know by voting in our poll.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 'I'm not here to settle' - Walton sets sights high after permanent Town move
- 3 'It is really sad': End of an era as popular pub landlords call time
- 4 'One or two we're speaking to' - McKenna on transfer plans
- 5 Look inside 'immaculately presented' property with own bar and heated pool
- 6 Town could lose its Post Office branch in triple closure shock
- 7 McKenna on offers for Harper and El Mizouni and Fraser's Town future
- 8 Ipswich Town sign Brentford full-back Thompson on loan
- 9 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 10 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
Highlights courtesy of Ipswich Town’s official YouTube channel