Would you have awarded Leeds a penalty last night?
Ipswich Town won 1-0 at Leeds last night, but much of the focus was on referee James Adcock’s late decision not to award the hosts a penalty.
Sam Byram went down after charging into the box with five minutes to go, under pressure from Jonas Knudsen, but instead of pointing to the spot, referee Adcock booked the Leeds man for diving.
The decision split the two managers at the end of the game, with Town boss Mick McCarthy praising the referee’s bravery in making the call.
He said: “He got it spot on and I admire his courage. It’s Tuesday night, under lights, a crowd of 22 thousand are baying for blood and it would have been the easiest one in the world to give. Fair play to him.”
Uwe Rosler, on the other hand, believes his side were hard done by: “A few decisions went against us, some crucial decisions,” he said. “I’m not blaming the referee but it’s just a fact we had an appeal in the first half for a clear handball, the referee maybe can’t see but the linesman has a clear view of it,” he said.
You may also want to watch:
“Obviously then there’s the Sam Byram situation. “We felt we had a very strong case for a penalty.”
But what do you think? Should Leeds have had a penalty? Let us know by voting in our poll.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
Highlights courtesy of Ipswich Town’s official YouTube channel