Yorwerth excited to gain Football League experience with Crawley
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
Defender Josh Yorwerth is hopeful of making great strides during his loan spell with League Two Crawley, after making a successful Red Devils debut last night.
The young Welshman was part of the Crawley backline which helped beat Newport 3-0 in Wales last night, having only joined the Sussex club on a 28-day loan earlier in the day.
Yorwerth thanked Ipswich manager Mick McCarthy for giving him the chance to play at Old Trafford in the League Cup last week, against a Manchester United side he supported as a boy, but is now looking to make the most of his chance to gain experience in the Football League with the other Red Devils.
“It was an absolute dream for me to play at Man United and I’m so thankful to the gaffer for giving me the opportunity to play there,” he told Crawley’s official website.
“I’ve supported the club all my life and it was an absolute dream, it didn’t feel real, it was a game which was very good for me and a massive learning curve.
You may also want to watch:
“Marking some of the best players in the world is obviously going to improve you but the gaffer at Ipswich Mick McCarthy, thinks it’s right now for me to get out and get some games. Especially after coming off Man United I need to start playing some Football League games and I think this will benefit me massively.
“If I keep doing well and perform and do like the gaffer asks me, hopefully it will all go well for me.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 5 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 6 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 7 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 8 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
Next up for Yorwerth and Crawley is a trip to Plymouth on Saturday.