Young Arsenal out gun Town
IPSWICH Town Under-18’s lost out 1-0 to an Arsenal side smarting from a mid-week exit from the FA Youth Cup at the hands of rivals Chelsea.
The Blues were hoping to build on their fine win over Academy League leaders Palace.
American keeper Cody Cropper returned and Tom Winter replaced David October; the team was otherwise unchanged.
Both sides made a lively start, but after just 10 minutes Town fell behind when Gunners’ striker Jeffrey Mona Kana netted. This proved to be the only goal, but Town did enough to suggest that they will enjoy a better second half of the season.
There is no academy fixture this weekend , Charlton visiting Playford Road on February 5 with an 11am start time.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich: Cropper, Bennett, Whight, Jones, Meekings, McKeown, Tiofack, Scotcher, Burke, Carson, Winter. Substitutes: Maduako, Lawrence, O’Donnell, October, Simmons
Town Under-16’s had a great 3-0 victory over the young Gunners.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 3 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 6 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 7 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'I've got goosebumps... I've been blown away' - Town owner Johnson excited for first Portman Road game
- 10 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'