Seeing old colleagues O’Neill and Keane, the gap growing and Playford Road illness bug – watch what Lambert had to say pre Nottingham Forest visit
- Credit: Archant
Paul Lambert spoke to the media this afternoon ahead of Ipswich Town’s Championship clash with Nottingham Forest at Portman Road on Saturday.
The Blues are now 13 points adrift of safety at the foot of the table – with just 27 to play for – following victories for Millwall and Rotherham last night.
There’s a feeling of positivity surrounding the club though following a string of encouraging performances, including back-to-back 1-1 draws at promotion-chasing clubs West Brom and Bristol City within the last week.
Lambert’s squad contained six academy graduates at Ashton Gate on Tuesday night.
Saturday will see former Blues boss Roy Keane return to Portman Road for the first time since his sacking in January 2011. He is assistant manager to Forest boss Martin O’Neill, who managed Lambert at Celtic.
You may also want to watch:
Forest are three points adrift of the play-off places following a 3-1 defeat at Aston Villa last night.
The East Midlands side are currently on a 10-game winless streak on the road (D5 L5).
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 5 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 6 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 7 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
- 8 New plans for village cafe, shop and business units divide opinion
- 9 WATCH: Ever Given docks at Felixstowe after four-month delay