Ipswich Town v Reading classic games: Debut goal and late winner at Portman Road
We take a look at some memorable games against today’s opponents Reading over the years at Portman Road, including a late winner and a debut goal.
LAST TIME: First-half goals from Callum Connolly and Joe Garner saw the Blues to a 2-0 win over Reading at Portman Road in December 2017 to end their five-match unbeaten run.
DEBUT GOAL: Jon Stead scored on his debut as Town deservedly defeated Reading 2-0 at Portman Road in September 2008.
LATE WINNER: Brett Pitman scored an 89th minute winner as Town beat Reading 2-1 at home in February 2016 to climb back into the top six in the Championship.
QUICK GOAL: Thomas Gaardsoe scored inside 30 seconds as Town beat Reading 3-1 at Portman Road with Matt Holland and Jim Magilton scoring the other two goals in March 2003.
You may also want to watch:
SEVEN-GOAL THRILLER: Tony Vaughan scored twice as the Blues beat 10-man Reading 5-2 at Portman Road in August 1996.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
- 5 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 6 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket