Ipswich Valley Rangers retain Touchline SIL title
IPSWICH Valley Rangers have retained the Touchline SIL Senior Division title.
Valley Rangers, who last season won the title under the guise of Woodbridge Athletic, won 3-2 at third-placed Felixstowe United last night to confirm a second successive title.
They were afterwards presented with the trophy by SIL chairman Keith Norton.
Valley Rangers now hold a ten-point lead over second-placed Achilles with just two matches remaining and so can’t be caught.
Achilles lost 2-1 away to Leiston St Margaret’s who simultaneously all but guaranteed their own survival.
You may also want to watch:
That win takes the Saints to the 30-point mark - three more than second-from-bottom Ipswich Exiles, who went down 2-0 at Haughley United.
Leiston St Margaret’s have a +23 goal difference over Exiles and also a game in hand.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 6 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 9 Incoming Town CEO Ashton 'set to poach Bristol City head of football operations' - report
- 10 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
Stanton, who sit third bottom one point ahead of Exiles, tonight play their game in hand, away to Melton St Audry’s, where a win would almost certainly condemn Exiles to relegation.