Ipswich Valley Rangers retain Touchline SIL title
IPSWICH Valley Rangers have retained the Touchline SIL Senior Division title.
Valley Rangers, who last season won the title under the guise of Woodbridge Athletic, won 3-2 at third-placed Felixstowe United last night to confirm a second successive title.
They were afterwards presented with the trophy by SIL chairman Keith Norton.
Valley Rangers now hold a ten-point lead over second-placed Achilles with just two matches remaining and so can’t be caught.
Achilles lost 2-1 away to Leiston St Margaret’s who simultaneously all but guaranteed their own survival.
That win takes the Saints to the 30-point mark - three more than second-from-bottom Ipswich Exiles, who went down 2-0 at Haughley United.
Leiston St Margaret’s have a +23 goal difference over Exiles and also a game in hand.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 3 The Unruly Pig in Suffolk is named best gastropub in the UK
- 4 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 'We want him to be effective' - McKenna on Celina
- 7 Ipswich man jailed for 25 years after teen left paralysed in shooting
- 8 Man, 33, jailed for 10 years for child sex offences
- 9 'It was too great a risk' - Ex Town defender Parr hangs up his boots
- 10 Road rage incident sees van driver run over by car
Stanton, who sit third bottom one point ahead of Exiles, tonight play their game in hand, away to Melton St Audry’s, where a win would almost certainly condemn Exiles to relegation.