Ipswich Veterans 5 Broadland Exiles Veterans 1
IPSWICH Vets over 50s moved into the second round with what turned out to be a relatively comfortable win.
Early exchanges were even but Ipswich forced a number of penalty corners which were well defended, however Tew smashed one home to give the home team the lead midway through the half.
Broadland were awarded a penalty flick after Whetton was adjusted to half fouled, this was converted to bring Broadland level. Straight from the push back however, Driver broke free advanced to the goal line to slip to Glading to slip it over the keeper.
You may also want to watch:
The second half was mainly Ipswich pressure with Driver, Tew another penalty corner and Glading scoring. In the latter part of the game play became very scrappy as the heat took its toll, Tew was awarded a rest after a very late ‘tackle’ but now we look forward to the second round draw.
- 1 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 2 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 6 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery