Ipswich Vets 3 Chelmsford Vets 0
East Veterans LeagueIpswich 3 Chelmsford 0Ipswich despatched derby rivals Chelmsford at Tuddenham Road, their convincing win edging them ever closer to securing the league title.
East Veterans League
Ipswich 3 Chelmsford 0
Ipswich despatched derby rivals Chelmsford at Tuddenham Road, their convincing win edging them ever closer to securing the league title.
Ipswich found Crawford in the visitor's goal in excellent form and together with some indecisive shooting the score-line was kept down.
You may also want to watch:
The hosts were finding plenty of room down the right with Foster using his speed to good effect, but too often his cross just failed to end up on an attackers stick. The best early chance fell to Wheaton but his powerful shot flew into Glading, retribution it was claimed for failing to spot that he had scored two brilliant goals last week, not one as reported.
Eventually, midway through the half, Driver picked out Glading who got back to scoring ways after a bit of a lean spell.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 7 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 10 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
Half time saw the introduction of fresh legs as Langton, Tew and Gaffer entered the fray. Ipswich began to dominate the midfield, eventually increasing their lead when Cutting's shot somehow managed to elude the goalkeeper. Foster was unlucky as he was unable to convert following a glorious move and then Cutting scored again to put the result beyond doubt as he crashed home from the top of the circle.
Next week Ipswich make the long trip to Kings Lynn to take on Pelicans, a team they beat convincingly earlier in the season.