Ipswich Vets draw
East Veterans League Peterborough 1 Ipswich 1 Ipswich made this long trip in appalling weather to play a re-arranged league game and came up against a strengthened home team who were able to field their over 40s team.
East Veterans League
Peterborough 1 Ipswich 1
Ipswich made this long trip in appalling weather to play a re-arranged league game and came up against a strengthened home team who were able to field their over 40s team.
Peterborough exerted early pressure but Ipswich weathered the storm and the speed of Bryce and Foster were causing problems.
You may also want to watch:
Against the run of play Ipswich thought they had taken the lead only for the umpire to award a penalty corner. Shortly after however, in similar circumstances, Hauxwell converted for Ipswich to take the lead.
The second half started with the Ipswich goal under siege, but Steward was making his usual string of excellent saves and the Ipswich man of the match Tew was a stalwart at the back. Peterborough did not help themselves as often their efforts flew wide but eventually they equalised when Ipswich failed to clear.
- 1 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 Former addict marries 'guardian angel' after years of 'hell'
- 4 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 5 Former Town winger Finidi George gets first senior manager job
- 7 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 8 From Blues to U's - how ex-Town stars are faring at Colchester
- 10 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
In the dying minutes either team could have snatched victory, indeed the best chance came when Foster broke free but was unable to round the home goalkeeper.
Ipswich will be satisfied with the result, remaining undefeated as they start the second round of games against local rivals Bury next week.
Unfortunately Ipswich, for the first time, put out a second vets team however their game was rained off with a water logged pitch.