Ipswich Wanderers appoint former Debenham LC and Halstead Town boss Mark Benterman as manager
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Wanderers are delighted to announce the appointment of Mark Benterman as the new first team manager.
Mark will commence the position next week and will manage the 1st Team at home to Godmanchester Rovers tomorrow.
There was much interest in the post, made available when Shane Wardley stepped down after just over a year in charge.
Mark is currently the 1st Team Manager at Debenham Leisure Centre FC who play in the Thurlow Nunn Division One, one step below Wanderers.
Previously, Mark successfully managed Essex club Halstead FC, also in Division One.
You may also want to watch:
The Appointing Committee feel that Mark has the right combination of experience and enthusiasm to take Ipswich Wanderers forward and to take us to new heights as we aim to climb the Premier Division ladder. We feel that the appointment of Benterman reflects the ambition that Wanderers have to play at the highest possible level.
- 1 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 2 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 3 Cage fighter Alex Reid jailed after OUR story exposes lie in insurance claim
- 4 Family's tribute to 'always smiling' Jack after tragic death aged 27
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Plans to create 'Suffolk Silicon Fen' killed by market forces
- 7 Missing dad wanted in connection with assault which happened day before he disappeared
- 8 Air ambulance called to medical emergency
- 9 A12 closed following serious collision
- 10 'They don't trust me and I don't trust them' - Cook on 'jittery' atmosphere