Ipswich Wanderers chairman stands down
IPSWICH Wanderers are searching for a new chairman with Ed Nicholls deciding to stand down after five years in the job.
He says that in the current economic climate he needs to spend more time on his own business interests, but admits that he was becoming frustrated at the lack of progress being made in improving facilities at Humber Doucy Lane.
“I was banging my head against the brick wall with the Football Association over Football Foundation grants, and unlike our Ridgeons League neighbours Whitton United we receive little council support.
“Situated where we are neither Suffolk Coastal Council nor Ipswich Borough Council appear to want us.
“This lack of support has proved very frustrating and the planned new changing rooms etc will not in place before the start of next season.”
You may also want to watch:
Two people have turned down the chance to replace Nicholls and an acting chairman is set to be installed at the summer annual general meeting.
“I have no plans to change manager Steve Buckle,” added Nicholls, who plans to stay on the club’s committee. “The managerial situation will be for the new committee.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 7 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 8 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 9 Suffolk man arrested after motorcyclist killed in crash
- 10 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
“We lost players after going out of the FA Vase and slipped out of the promotion scene in Division One. We had a run of home games that we failed to capitalise on.
“I’m sure Wanderers will still go forward but at times it has been difficult.”