Ipswich Wanderers shock league leaders Mildenhall Town
- Credit: Archant
League leaders Mildenhall were beaten for only the second time this season following a late comeback from Ipswich Wanderers.
Wanderers nearly presented Mildenhall with a goal in the opening five minutes but, following hesitancy in the home defence, they managed to scramble the ball away.
The home side were next to go close when Danny Thrower struck a thunderous free kick against the post but on 40 minutes it was Mildenhall who took the lead.
Following a deep cross from the right, Chris Bacon was found all alone at the far post and he easily headed home the opening goal.
There were further chances for Mildenhall in the opening exchanges of the second half but they wasted two gilt-edged chances and also struck the post.
You may also want to watch:
Wanderers continued to stick manfully to their task and on 85 minutes they were rewarded with an equaliser when Thrower fired home after Pope had initially saved from George Mrozek. Two minutes later and Wanderers got the winner in bizarre circumstances.
A harmless Kris Rose cross was not dealt with by the keeper and defender, and Paulo Coehlo pounced as they hesitated to give Wanderers and unexpected, but deserved victory.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 7 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 8 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 9 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 10 Officers making 'significant progress' in Victoria Hall murder case