Ipswich win 2-1 again!
IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
By Elvin King
IPSWICH Town hit back from a goal down to gain three hard-earned Championship points against Burnley at Portman Road today.
The Blues hero was striker Alan Lee, who equalised in the 63rd minute and was then brought down by Michael Duff for Matt Richards to win the game with an 82nd minute penalty.
Lee had struck the foot of the post with a first half header, and he was also denied by two good saves by Brian Jensen.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich perhaps suffered a first half-hangover after their win at Norwich, but with Richard Naylor up front in the second period they fought their way to victory.
Their fans went home happy after such a rip-roaring recovery although the penalty decision looked debatable with Wayne Thomas being sent off for protesting and getting a second yellow card.
- 1 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 defeat to Northampton
- 7 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 9 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 10 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
Michael Ricketts gave Burnley a 45th minute lead with a slick finish when Town were caught out at the back