Ipswich Witches asset Joe Jacobs completes Belle Vue switch
- Credit: Archant
Witches asset Joe Jacobs will ride in the Elite League in 2016 after agreeing a deal with the Belle Vue Aces.
Jacobs, 22, has replaced Steve Boxall in the Aces’ line-up for the new season, which will be the Manchester-based club’s first at the new National Speedway Stadium.
Jacobs sat out competitive racing last season, but Aces boss Chris Morton is delighted to have been able to bring him back to the sport.
“We are very pleased to confirm that Joe Jacobs will take his place as our second reserve in 2016 following the mutual agreement that Steve Boxall will not be included in our team,” Morton told the Aces’ club website.
“Having seen him ride in 2014, myself and the Belle Vue management were impressed with what we saw with Joe and when Neil Vatcher made us aware of his availability we gave him a call.
You may also want to watch:
“Making the switch feels like the right thing to do for the club. He has a lot of talent and his attitude towards his racing is spot on, and he’s very keen to resume normal service and further his career.
“His reasons for not riding last year are something we fully understand and we applaud his return to the circuit, and we firmly believe that he can and will make a significant contribution to the team.
- 1 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 2 A12 closed by police after serious collision
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 7 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 8 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 9 Nearly 20,000 parking fines since council took control of enforcement
- 10 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
“We hope he is able to do that and there’s really no reason why he can’t. He’s a talented individual who has our complete support and we’re confident he will be a valuable member of the team.”