Ipswich Witches head to the East of England Showground to take on Peterborough Panthers
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches are back at the East of England Showground, Peterborough tomorrow night, this time for a Premier League clash (8pm).
The Witches were in League Cup action against the Panthers last Sunday and lost a last-heat decider as the home side ran out 48-45 winners in a meeting that had nothing riding on it.
That is certainly not the case on Monday though as the two sides will be battling it out for vital league points and the Witches will head to the Showground with confidence after running the Panthers close last time out before the rain came and spoiled what could have been a fantastic final race decider.
The Witches will be unchanged for tomorrow’s clash but it will be a busy day for Danny King and James Sarjeant who ride for Coventry earlier in the day at Belle Vue.
The Panthers side will also be busy as they face Scunthorpe away before taking on the Witches.
You may also want to watch:
They will again include Kenneth Hansen as a guest for Nikolaj Busk Jacobsen, who has not been cleared to return following concussion, although Tom Perry is still out injured.
Witches Team Manager Ritchie Hawkins is hoping last week’s meeting holds his side in good stead for Monday.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 3 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 7 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 8 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 9 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
“Sunday was a good competitive practice for us,” said Hawkins.
“The track conditions may be different next time out, as well as their line-up, but I have confidence in my team’s ability in any conditions and against any line-up they can put out.”
The boss is hoping his side can show the same attitude as last Sunday at the Showground tonight, while hoping King and Sarjeant do not suffer any issues during their meeting at Belle Vue.
“I expect to see the same determination and further improvement on Monday,” Hawkins said.
“Hopefully Danny (King) and James (Sarjeant) will come through their meeting at Belle Vue unscathed and they will be well warmed up and ready to fire for us.”
Peterborough Panthers: 1 Craig Cook 10.35, 2 R/R for Tom Perry 5.58, 3 Kenneth Hansen (guest), 4 Emil Grondal 5.35, 5 Ulrich Ostergaard (c) 8.13, 6 Simon Lambert 4.63, 7. Tom Stokes 3.00.
Ipswich ‘Tru7.com’ Witches: 1 Danny King (c) 9.41, 2 Lewis Kerr 7.03, 3 Morten Risager 6.98, 4 James Sarjeant 4.41, 5 Nico Covatti 7.84, 6 Paco Castagna 3.00, 7. Oliver Greenwood 3.00.