Witches frustrating Easter weekend is complete with Peterborough washout – as Rory Schlein strikes gold in Cumberland
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches’ frustrating Easter weekend was completed with the postponement of today’s Championship Shield clash at Peterborough.
With both Good Friday fixtures against Lakeside falling foul of the weather, another waterlogged track at Alwalton meant the clash between the Panthers and the Witches was called off yesterday.
It means the Suffolk side have still to take to the track as a team – they will be hoping Thursday night’s home clash at Foxhall against Peterborough will survive the weather and the Witches of 2018 can at last get going.
Rain has disrupted much of the Easter programme in the speedway world, although Mildenhall are still hoping the Fen Fours will be taking place tomorrow at West Row 3pm start.
One meeting that did take place on Saturday however, was the Cumberland Open at Workington.
And it was won by Witches star Rory Schlein, who notched four heat wins on his way to 13 points and the title.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Major west Suffolk road reopens after lorry and car crash
- 3 Member of staff assaulted in armed robbery at west Suffolk Post Office
- 4 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 5 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 6 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 7 Morsy on 'shock' of Cook sacking and McGreal's message
- 8 Historic pub and restaurant to reopen after £150,000 investment
- 9 Battle of the caretakers, good omens and McGreal's possible rejig... Charlton v Ipswich
- 10 Barrow replay on ITV... winners will travel to Barnsley