Witches frustrating Easter weekend is complete with Peterborough washout – as Rory Schlein strikes gold in Cumberland
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches’ frustrating Easter weekend was completed with the postponement of today’s Championship Shield clash at Peterborough.
With both Good Friday fixtures against Lakeside falling foul of the weather, another waterlogged track at Alwalton meant the clash between the Panthers and the Witches was called off yesterday.
It means the Suffolk side have still to take to the track as a team – they will be hoping Thursday night’s home clash at Foxhall against Peterborough will survive the weather and the Witches of 2018 can at last get going.
Rain has disrupted much of the Easter programme in the speedway world, although Mildenhall are still hoping the Fen Fours will be taking place tomorrow at West Row 3pm start.
One meeting that did take place on Saturday however, was the Cumberland Open at Workington.
You may also want to watch:
And it was won by Witches star Rory Schlein, who notched four heat wins on his way to 13 points and the title.
- 2 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 3 Serious crash closes road in Bury St Edmunds near A14
- 4 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 5 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 6 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on appointment of new chief executive
- 8 'Buzz' about town as pub prepares to reopen under new family management
- 9 How busy was Bury St Edmunds town centre as lockdown eased?
- 10 Disused village Post Office reopening as deli and coffee house