Ipswich Witches sell club asset Joe Jacobs to Coventry on a full transfer but director of speedway Chris Louis admits it was a difficult decision to make
- Credit: Jeff Higgott / SEQUELLA.CO.UK
Ipswich Speedway have sold club asset Joe Jacobs to Coventry on a full transfer after impressing their management team riding at number one for the Coventry Storm last season.
Director of Speedway Chris Louis said: “It’s great to see Joe moving on after a successful first season of Premier League racing last year.
“Although I turned down an offer from Glasgow last season I feel that the move to Coventry is in both Joe’s and the clubs interest.
“At a time when I’m trying to build the club and it’s asset base up it is difficult to let any rider go, but Coventry came in with a sensible offer for Joe’s contract and have also offered to help him to continue his progression.
“I have always said that I will not stand in the way of any of our riders furthering their career and I feel the time is right to let Joe go.
You may also want to watch:
“The lad is a pleasure to work with and as part of the transfer he will remain an important part of the Fen Tigers team in 2014 and I look forward to once again working with him. We wish him all the best at Coventry and of course we will continue to follow his progress closely.”
- 1 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 2 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 4 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 5 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 6 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 7 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 8 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 9 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 10 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused