Ipswich Witches sign youngster Danyon Hume
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches have moved to sign young Rye House rider Danyon Hume.
The 19-year-old, based in Buckinghamshire, has raced just one season of speedway since making the switch from trials riding and recorded a National League average of 3.79 in his debut campaign.
The youngster is exited about making the switch and is looking forward to getting started with the Witches: “I’m really looking forward to working with all the guys at Ipswich, I am good friends with Danny and his mechanic Richard who have helped me so much over the last year,” he said.
“Chris (Louis) was also a big help towards the end of the season when I made regular visits to Foxhall to gain more experience.
“I cannot thank Rye House enough for their efforts and track time over the past year but I know this will be a great move for me and just can’t wait to get started.
“I am looking to get settled into a National League team and it would be great to get that sorted out quickly.”
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 JCB skip loader worth £5,500 stolen from Suffolk village