Ipswich Witches sign youngster Danyon Hume
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Witches have moved to sign young Rye House rider Danyon Hume.
The 19-year-old, based in Buckinghamshire, has raced just one season of speedway since making the switch from trials riding and recorded a National League average of 3.79 in his debut campaign.
The youngster is exited about making the switch and is looking forward to getting started with the Witches: “I’m really looking forward to working with all the guys at Ipswich, I am good friends with Danny and his mechanic Richard who have helped me so much over the last year,” he said.
“Chris (Louis) was also a big help towards the end of the season when I made regular visits to Foxhall to gain more experience.
“I cannot thank Rye House enough for their efforts and track time over the past year but I know this will be a great move for me and just can’t wait to get started.
You may also want to watch:
“I am looking to get settled into a National League team and it would be great to get that sorted out quickly.”
- 1 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 3 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 4 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
- 5 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 6 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 7 Police cordon after man in 20s found outside Ipswich flats dies
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 home draw with MK Dons
- 9 Here's what Bristol City boss Pearson said about CEO Ashton being linked to Town
- 10 Suffolk holiday accommodation reaching capacity ahead of re-opening