Can you spot these Ipswich Witches riders?
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
The speedway season is getting ever closer.
So, for Ipswich Witches' fans, get yourself in the mood and try to identify these riders from the decades.
1. Getting ready at the tapes!
2. Easy does it during a pre-season practice in the 70s. We want both names.
3. Everyone loves a 5-1
4. The eyes have it!
- 1 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 2 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 6 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 7 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role
- 8 Major west Suffolk road reopens after two vehicle crash
- 9 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 10 Soldiers tested in drugs probe at Suffolk airbase
5. Celebrating a race win
6. Keeping the balance!
7. Ace when you win!
8. Head down and go
9. Who's the Witch leading in this 60s pic?
10. Easy rider
11. Hang on there!
12. Steady as we go
13. You do it like this! Name both (one on the right is easy enough!)
14. Nearly there! Name all three.
15. A nice style
ANSWERS: 1. Mark Loram, 2. Olle Nygren leads Billy Sanders, 3. Danny King, left and Gino Manzares, 4. Chris Louis, 5. Kevin Doolan, 6. Rohan Tungate, 7. Nico Covatti, 8. Scott Nicholls, 9. John Louis, is the Witch leading. 10, Hans Andersen, 11. Troy Batchelor, 12. Cameron Heeps, 13. Ben Barker, left on bike and Leigh Lanham, 14. Karol Baran, left, Chris Louis, right and Kim Jansson pushing home, 15. Olly Allen.