Ipswich Witches v Edinburgh Monarchs play-off semi-final: The team news
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich ‘Tru7.com’ Witches begin their Championship Play-Offs with the first leg of the semi-final at Foxhall this Thursday against Edinburgh Monarchs (7.30pm)
The home side qualified for the top four with ease, finishing second in the table whilst the visitors have more recently confirmed their spot with a win at Workington last Saturday.
With Sheffield topping the table, they decided to face fourth-placed Glasgow at the semi-final stage.
The Witches go into the tie without Justin Sedgmen and Cameron Heeps who continue to have treatment on shoulder injuries.
Sedgmen looks unlikely to return to UK racing this season and Workington’s Mason Campton steps in as a guest.
You may also want to watch:
Heeps is battling to be fit for upcoming meetings but rider replacement is used again No.2 on this occasion.
The Monarchs are back to full strength after injury issues left them without Sam Masters and Mark Riss for a period of time but both are now back in the side.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
Mark Riss has been a successful guest for the Witches in recent weeks and brother Erik has shown a liking to the Foxhall track in recent visits. Edinburgh have a successful record in the play-offs having won back to back titles in 2014 and 2015.
The two sides also have plenty of recent history as they met in last season’s play-off quarter-final with the Witches progressing over two legs. The Monarchs are the only side in 2017 to win at Foxhall after they claimed a last heat 47-46 victory in July.
Ipswich ‘Tru7.com’ Witches:
1. Danny King (c) 9.03
2. R/R for Cameron Heeps 6.93
3. Mason Campton (g) 5.58
4. Kyle Newman 6.25
5. Rory Schlein 8.60
6. Nathan Greaves 4.45
7. Connor Mountain 3.26
Team Manager: Ritchie Hawkins
Edinburgh ‘Parsons Peebles’ Monarchs:
1. Ricky Wells 8.77
2. Josh Pickering 4.87
3. Sam Masters (c) 8.73
4. Mark Riss 5.91
5. Erik Riss 8.11
6. Max Clegg 4.23
7. Mitchell Davey 2.95
Team Manager: John Campbell