Speedway Recap: The story of the Premiership Play-Off Final first leg as Witches fall to a home defeat
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches were beaten 49-41 in the first leg of their Premiership Play-Off Final with Swindon Robins this evening.
The Suffolk side head into tonight's re-arranged first leg Premiership play-off against Swindon Robins looking to drum up a decent lead ahead of Thursday's return in Wiltshire.
They are two huge meetings to crown the league champions and for the Witches it would be a first league title win since 1998
Rain has affected the play-offs and it's more than two weeks since the Witches were last on track, when they beat Poole in the semi-final.
However, Chris Louis is confident about his side's build-up.
You may also want to watch:
"Preparations are going the same as for the semi-final," Louis said.
"Every conversation with every rider whether it is concerning the meeting directly in front of us or not, you are careful of what you say because you want them to feel nothing but positive and confident.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
"To be honest they already feel that, they have earned their right to be in this final and fought for it. When something has been that tough you don't give it up easily."