Ipswich women’s volleyball club defeat Black Country to finish season in second place
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich edged their final game of the season with Black Country, at Maidenhall Sports Centre, to finish second in National League W3C.
The hosts took the early advantage, great defence and attacks display from Ipswich securing the first set.
The next set went to a close 30 points with both teams having chances and Black Country eventually prevailing.
The next set was another close one but, with good defence and passing from Zoe Verow and Everita Sokolova, it was taken by Ipswich.
Black Country managed to respond well and won the fourth only for a spirited Ipswich to take the decider, thanks in no small part to MVP Emma Goosey.
You may also want to watch:
The ladies play outdoor summer volleyball in Christchurch Park, on Sundays – the sessions are free for anyone of any ability to play.
Find the club on Facebook by searching for Ipswich Volleyball Club.
- 1 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 2 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 3 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 4 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 5 Matchday Live: Town two up on basement boys
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse
- 9 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan