Ipswich YM awarded five-figure sum for new floodlights
Ipswich YM have been awarded �50000 for the provision of new floodlights at their Rushmere Headquarters.
The award has been made by Sport England from its “Inspired Facilities” fund, part of the �135 million “Places People Play” Olympic Legacy Programme.
The floodlights for the club’s main rugby pitch will enable matches to be played in the evenings and enable training to take place throughout the winter.
Club President, Dick Daniels, said: “We are delighted to have secured this investment, which will enable the club to improve its facilities to match the improvements in standard we are achieving on the field.
“We want to inspire new generations of young rugby players to become involved with a game that combines fitness and combativeness with discipline and respect for authority.
You may also want to watch:
“The lights will help us reinforce and build on our links with educational establishments like UCS, Suffolk One and local high schools, and in expanding our youth work. “
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 5 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 6 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 9 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'