Ipswich YM awarded five-figure sum for new floodlights
Ipswich YM have been awarded �50000 for the provision of new floodlights at their Rushmere Headquarters.
The award has been made by Sport England from its “Inspired Facilities” fund, part of the �135 million “Places People Play” Olympic Legacy Programme.
The floodlights for the club’s main rugby pitch will enable matches to be played in the evenings and enable training to take place throughout the winter.
Club President, Dick Daniels, said: “We are delighted to have secured this investment, which will enable the club to improve its facilities to match the improvements in standard we are achieving on the field.
“We want to inspire new generations of young rugby players to become involved with a game that combines fitness and combativeness with discipline and respect for authority.
“The lights will help us reinforce and build on our links with educational establishments like UCS, Suffolk One and local high schools, and in expanding our youth work. “
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 6 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 7 Ipswich Town 2-1 Accrington Stanley: Blues fight back to beat scrappy visitors
- 8 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 9 Town loanee Kenlock scores first professional goal on Colchester debut
- 10 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon