Ipswich YM coach wants to be in promotion mix in Eastern Counties 1
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich YM coach Jeff Searle wants his team to be in contention for promotion from Eastern Counties 1, come Christmas.
YM finished sixth in the division last season but Searle, who led his team to the final of the Suffolk Cup last term, is aiming higher this time around.
“Pre-season has started again and it’s been packed with hard work and commitment,” said Searle.
“Last season was classic mid-table fare and I want to be in the mix at Christmas, in the top-three, with a real chance of promotion.
Searle has retained the core of last season’s squad but admits the emergence of a number of youth players will put pressure on the more established players.
You may also want to watch:
“The biggest difference is that the youth system is now staring to bear fruit, which is really exciting, and the under-18 lads are starting to come through to put more pressure on the more stablished players.
The emergence of youngsters has given us a real shot in the arm and the likes of Jake Worthington and Liam Hill have been performing really well.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 3 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 4 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 6 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 600 protesters form 'human wall' to oppose Sizewell C sea defences
“It makes sense to bring through youth and it’s the only long-term pathway to success.
YM kick-off their season at home to Swaffham on September 13 (3pm).